Oppizi Band Ambassador
Oppizi Pty Ltd collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications, you have with us. Oppizi Pty Ltd provides the Services, and this Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to information collected and used by Oppizi Pty Ltd (hereinafter “Oppizi” or “we”).
This Statement applies to Brand Ambassadors, couriers, partner companies, and any other persons that use the Oppizi platform under licence (collectively “Brand Ambassadors,” or individually “you”) and reside in and/or outside Australia.
Personal Information Collection Statement
To provide you with our mobile application services, we need to collect and use personal information about you. We may not be able to provide you with the services you are seeking if you do not provide all the information we request.
- What information we collect
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create, modify, or log in to your account, request support from us, consent to a background check, submit your Brand Ambassador’s licence, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include:
- Your personal details such as your name, age, gender, address, profile picture contact information and certain personal details of your emergency contact;
- Your payment information;
- Brand Ambassador’s licence information; and
- Other information you may choose to provide.
- How we collect your information
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: As a condition of providing Clients with delivery or other services via the Oppizi platform, your precise location data must be accessible to Oppizi via the app that you use. Once the Oppizi app has permission to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we will collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Contacts Information: If you permit the Oppizi app to access the address book on your device via the permission system used by your platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to the distribution (or other) services you provide through our platform, including the type of service provided, date and time the service was provided, marketing material distributed, and other related transaction details. Additionally, promo codes may be associated with your name.
- Usage and Preference Information: We collect information about how you interact with our Services. In some cases, we do this by cookies, pixel tags, and similar device identification technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Statement.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between the support (City mangers & Support) and Brand Ambassadors. In connection with promoting this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements.
- verifying users;
- remembering user preferences and account settings;
- determining the popularity and demand for services;
- delivering and measuring the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; and
- analysing user traffic and trends, and generally understanding the behaviours of users.
Please refer to our Cookie Statement for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies. (https://www.oppizi.com/cookie-statement/)
- Information We Collect from Other Sources: We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Oppizi account with a payment provider or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If you use the Services through an account associated with a partner distribution company, we may receive information about you from that partner company.
- When you provide distribution services to Clients, our staff, management and clients may provide us with a Brand Ambassador rating or similar rating of the service you provide for them.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance, to request on-demand distribution services as a Client, or as a client of other apps we may provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a Brand Ambassador.
- How we use the information:
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Clients and Brand Ambassadors, develop safety features, authenticate Clients, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Client, or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of specific features, such as referrals.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Oppizi and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process a contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfil any related awards;
- Personalise and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements; and
- We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
- When we may disclose your personal information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
- With Clients in connection with their request for the distribution or other services. For instance, we may share your name, personal photo, precise or approximate location, the average rating provided by Staff, management and clients, and specific contact information (depending upon your location and applicable laws). After you have provided the requested services, we will send the client a receipt via e-mail or other means which may include the breakdown of amounts charged, your name, contact information, photo, a description of the mission and other transaction details.
- With other people, as directed by you, in connection with a particular service, offering or promotion; or with third parties to provide you with a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- With Oppizi subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralisation and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- Law Enforcement Agencies: In response to a request for information by competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with the efficient administration of justice, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, ordinance, licence, operating agreement, or legal process;
With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our client agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Oppizi or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- Social Sharing Features: The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymised form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined specific types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. Moreover, these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Oppizi app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Oppizi app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
- Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We typically hold the personal information we collect on servers in electronic databases which may be located overseas and managed by our related entities and/or service providers.
We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and protect the information about you that we collect. Information and associated data stored on servers is encrypted and is stored through data isolation technology. We limit access to personal information to individuals we or our related entities employ or contracted service providers whom we believe reasonably need access to such information to provide products or services to you or us or to perform their jobs.
- Your Rights
- Correcting your personal information
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to delete your account, please contact Oppizi support and request deletion of your account. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
- Access your information
In most cases, you have access to your information that we hold about you. We handle your access information requests in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. We deal with all requests for information as quickly as possible. Requests for a significant amount of information, or information that is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. We may charge you a fee for access if a cost is incurred by us in order to retrieve your data, but in no case will we charge you a fee for your application for access.
In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to data that we hold about you. This may include circumstances where giving you access would:
- be unlawful (eg, where a record that contains data about you is subject to a claim for the legal professional privilege by one of our contractual counterparties);
- have an unreasonable impact on another person’s privacy; or
- prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity.
We may also refuse access where the data relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings.
If we refuse to give you access, we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
- GDPR for EU Residents only
Oppizi complies with the data handling regime laid out in the GDPR in respect of any data of data subjects in the EU that we may obtain.
- GDPR rights
- You are entitled to request details of the information that we hold about you and how we process it. We will provide this information for no fee;
- You may also have a right to:
- Have that information rectified or deleted;
- Restrict our processing of that information;
- Stop unauthorised transfers of your data to a third party;
- In some circumstances, have that information transferred to another organisation; and
- Lodge a complaint in relation to our processing of your data with a local supervisory authority.
- Where we rely upon your consent as our legal basis for collecting and processing your data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If you object to the processing of your data, or if you have provided your consent to the processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. However, please be aware that:
- Such objection or withdrawal of consent could mean that we are unable to provide our services to you, and could unduly prevent us from legitimately providing our services to other customers/clients’ subject to appropriate confidentiality protections; and
- Even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent, we may be able to continue to keep and process your data to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular:
- To pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact on your rights, freedoms or interests; and
- In exercising and defending our legal rights and meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Duration of retention of your data
We will only keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, subject to satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. At the end of any retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised (for example, by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning). In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data.
- Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions about this Statement, you may submit your questions, or write us at Oppizi Pty Ltd, Attn: Legal, 502/64 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, 2010 NSW, Australia. We will make every effort to address your concerns.